-
ADSL start/stop button
Knoppix has an ADSL Config utility (actually, it's the standard Debian pppoeconf script). That's fine, it works great, but when it comes to actually starting and stopping your pppoe connection, I don't see any easy way to do it. The only way I've discovered to start/stop my connection is by going to the command line, su to root, and typing:
pon dsl-provider / poff dsl-provider
I cannot find any sort of ADSL start/stop menu or icon. I think this is badly needed. I'm pretty experienced with Linux, but newbies are going to be very put off by having to work on the command line, and especially needing to su to root everytime they want to connect/disconnect. I realize this is probably an issue that the Debian developers should address, but they haven't, and Knoppix is meant to be more intuitive than Debian.
Or is there some easy trick that I just have not discovered? If there is, please tell me, and I'll apologize for my ignorance.
regards,
Robert
Similar Threads
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 07:20 PM
-
By robwelch100 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By pwoods in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By joeguitar99 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By pooh_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 04:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00