-
Knoppix 3.6: at boot prompt, the only first argument works
It's strange. I just copied the new Knoppix 3.6 on a FAT32 partition using
the boot command "knoppix tohd=/dev/hda2". I also installed a
Persistent Home on the same partition.
Now, I'm not able to boot it correctly. I boot from the CD and type a
"boot command". It looks like the boot command only works correctly when
there's only one (or no) argument.
For instance,
- If I type "knoppix lang=be", it boots from the CD without the PH and I get
my Belgian keyboard.
- If I type "knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda2", it boots from the HDD without
the PH and I get a us keyboard.
- If I type "knoppix home=/dev/hda2", it boots from the CD and I get my
persistent home. The keyboard is an US one.
- If I type "knoppix lang=be home=/dev/hda2 fromhd=/dev/hda2", it
doesn't boot. I get a message "can't find knoppix CD root".
- If I type "knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda2 home=/dev/hda2 lang=be", it
boots from the HDD, but without the PH and with a US keyboard ...
exactly as if I had only typed "knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda2".
It is as if the first argument is the only one to be interpreted correctly.
What am I doing wrong ? Should I separate the argument with another
character then the "space" ?? Should I quote the arguments ??
What's the correct syntax ?
knoppix "fromhd=/dev/hda2 home=/dev/hda2 lang=be" ??
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda2\ home=/dev/hda2\ lang=be ??
knoppix "fromhd=/dev/hda2" "home=/dev/hda2" "lang=be" ??
Thanks in advance ....
-Vincent
Similar Threads
-
By abbynormal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:24 AM
-
By markraem in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 09:51 PM
-
By erp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By e.newed in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00