-
Knoppix 3.6: at boot prompt, the only first argument works
It's strange. I just copied the new Knoppix 3.6 on a FAT32 partition using
the boot command "knoppix tohd=/dev/hda2". I also installed a
Persistent Home on the same partition.
Now, I'm not able to boot it correctly. I boot from the CD and type a
"boot command". It looks like the boot command only works correctly when
there's only one (or no) argument.
For instance,
- If I type "knoppix lang=be", it boots from the CD without the PH and I get
my Belgian keyboard.
- If I type "knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda2", it boots from the HDD without
the PH and I get a us keyboard.
- If I type "knoppix home=/dev/hda2", it boots from the CD and I get my
persistent home. The keyboard is an US one.
- If I type "knoppix lang=be home=/dev/hda2 fromhd=/dev/hda2", it
doesn't boot. I get a message "can't find knoppix CD root".
- If I type "knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda2 home=/dev/hda2 lang=be", it
boots from the HDD, but without the PH and with a US keyboard ...
exactly as if I had only typed "knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda2".
It is as if the first argument is the only one to be interpreted correctly.
What am I doing wrong ? Should I separate the argument with another
character then the "space" ?? Should I quote the arguments ??
What's the correct syntax ?
knoppix "fromhd=/dev/hda2 home=/dev/hda2 lang=be" ??
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda2\ home=/dev/hda2\ lang=be ??
knoppix "fromhd=/dev/hda2" "home=/dev/hda2" "lang=be" ??
Thanks in advance ....
-Vincent
-
Senior Member
registered user
Don't use quotes -- " " -- or backslashes -- \ -- just type in your cheatcodes separated by a space! 
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda2 lang=be keyboard=be
AFAIK, you're going to have to save your persistent home to another partition than the one you're loading the Knoppix image from. Even though I'm having an argument over whether you can use "fromhd" and then mount the partition the image is on in read-write mode (in this thread), I don't think you can load the image and a persistent home from the same partition.
Similar Threads
-
By abbynormal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:24 AM
-
By markraem in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 09:51 PM
-
By erp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By e.newed in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60