Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: tricky network+dhcp

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    EST
    Posts
    3

    tricky network+dhcp

    Hello,

    I installed knoppix 3.2 a week ago or so. First I wasn't connected to internet. Then I tried to fix it by changing the /etc/network/interfaces file. Finally I left the file to it's original conf and rebooted. Somehow I now had internet... the connection is working, but not on every boot. So I have to reboot to get it working again. When I haven't got internet, on boot it says: network interface (already) configured or something like that, but when I have a working connection it says :
    eth0: VIA VT6102 Rhine-II at 0xe2001000, 00:04:61:43:ce:21, IRQ 23.
    eth0: MII PHY found at address 1, status 0x786d advertising 05e1 Link 45e1
    eth0: Setting full-duplex based on MII #1 link partner capability of 45e1.
    And in the kde info center, it shows only loopback when I haven't got the connection... when I'm connected it shows both loopback and eth0.

    Can anyone suggest something?
    And excuse me for my bad english.

    Martin

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    You can try in running Setup (as root):

    /etc/init.d/networking restart

    Then it should start the network...

    cu

    Fabian

    PS: Seems to be a problem with the network not powering down right ...

Similar Threads

  1. network card boot-up problem, doesn't get dhcp address
    By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
  2. Network Problem with dhcp
    By Rakim in forum Networking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 02:27 PM
  3. Network card eth0 start with DHCP !!!!!
    By fabry6210 in forum Networking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 09:25 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
  5. network issue with 2003-1-1 with NT4 DHCP
    By sireasoning in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2003, 03:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit picture

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit

$399.00



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White  picture

Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White

$18.99