I saw something on the mail-list about a directory recursion problem. I don't know which version you have, but your problem sounds like what might result from something like that.Originally Posted by Kahhhtt
i have thes same problem traying to install knoppix 3.2 on my HDD.
the knx-hddinstall works great but when it copies files from cd to hdd it says that cp cannot copy a series of hard-links (see the german version for a complete listing that somebody else has reported [thanks]).
after that the installation goes on without other problems but when i reboot and try my hdd installation the kernel gets into panic.
It says "Trying to stop inetd".
Checksum is ok.
Boot-floppy does not circumvent the problem.
Knoppix 3.1 worked perfectly with ext3 on same PC and Hd-installed without problems.
memory is ok (much memtest) so is CD-rom (checked).
Any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance.![]()
I saw something on the mail-list about a directory recursion problem. I don't know which version you have, but your problem sounds like what might result from something like that.Originally Posted by Kahhhtt
Had the same problem when hd installing V3.2-2003-03-26 (more small updates). This has been fixed in the latest release.
I hear from MattT that the latest version fixes my problem. I' m going to download it at once.
![]()

Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15" Pentium II 400MHz 128MB 4.8GB Windows 2000 Pro
$59.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Dark Brown Leather Messenger Bag Large 17" Laptop Briefcase Multi Zip XL
$59.99
15pc Vintage Networking Electronics Lot Netgear Linksys D-Link Roku Untested
$85.00
Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00
Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM
$175.00
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)
$61.30