I have just tried with an older 10mbps card realtek 8109 and it works fine, but i'd prefer using the 100mbps card!!
I have a rtl8139 generic card (i have tried with 2 of them actually)
I can't boot Knoppix 3.3, 3.4 nor 3.6.
They hang detecting eth0 and broadcasting for ip.
Under windowsxp they work fine.
Under Mandrake 10 it hangs at same point when I tell the system to start network on boot, but if I disable network on boot and enable it later as root (ifup eth0 from console) they work fine.
It is very strange because i think i have used Knoppix on computers with very similar nic's.
Please help...
I have just tried with an older 10mbps card realtek 8109 and it works fine, but i'd prefer using the 100mbps card!!
Try boot with cheatcode : nodhcp
With nodhcp works, but later in kde when i try to acticvate it with ifup eth0 the computer hangs... maybe is gets wrong irq. where can iI change the irq??
With mandrake move it works fine too (I tried it yesterday)
try the "noapic" cheatcode, known to help with certain realtek chipsets
check for conflicting irq
Run command : cat /proc/pci

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot of 2 Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10-DC0 M393A2G40DB0-CPB Memory RAM
$110.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98