I have just tried with an older 10mbps card realtek 8109 and it works fine, but i'd prefer using the 100mbps card!!
I have a rtl8139 generic card (i have tried with 2 of them actually)
I can't boot Knoppix 3.3, 3.4 nor 3.6.
They hang detecting eth0 and broadcasting for ip.
Under windowsxp they work fine.
Under Mandrake 10 it hangs at same point when I tell the system to start network on boot, but if I disable network on boot and enable it later as root (ifup eth0 from console) they work fine.
It is very strange because i think i have used Knoppix on computers with very similar nic's.
Please help...
I have just tried with an older 10mbps card realtek 8109 and it works fine, but i'd prefer using the 100mbps card!!
Try boot with cheatcode : nodhcp
With nodhcp works, but later in kde when i try to acticvate it with ifup eth0 the computer hangs... maybe is gets wrong irq. where can iI change the irq??
With mandrake move it works fine too (I tried it yesterday)
try the "noapic" cheatcode, known to help with certain realtek chipsets
check for conflicting irq
Run command : cat /proc/pci

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14" FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$289.99