-
Commuter Parallel Port CD-ROM Drive
I have installed Knoppix (actually Damn Small Linux, a Knoppix variant, but I can't seem to register with the DSL forums so I'm posting here) on an old TI Extensa 450.
My CD-ROM is a Commuter (Datastor) 8x, connected to the parallel port. I can manually load the required modules for it: parport, paride, dstr, and pg, then mount it with mount /dev/pcd0 /cdrom
However, I can't get the modules to load automatically at boot time. I have added them to /etc/modules, but they still don't load. Does Knoppix ignore /etc/modules, or is there some other config file that I have to add them to in addition to /etc/modules?
Similar Threads
-
By KeTZer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 01:47 PM
-
By KeTZer in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 03:18 PM
-
By charlwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By jdong in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 03:11 AM
-
By tas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 07:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00