-
Remastering is a breeze, but linking to home...I'm confused?
I've remastered Knoppix 3.4 just fine, replaced mozilla with firefox and installed bits of database software, but I'm having a small problem and I must be missing something obvious.
I'm chrooted into my remaster and have installed some software. The software is in /opt/foo and wants to set it's config files in /opt/foo/conf (which is read-only when we're on CD...and no I can't change where it puts it's conf files.) I want to make /opt/foo/conf a symlink to /home/knoppix/conf so I can change the settings at runtime and save them to a persistant flashdrive home, but for the life of me can't see how to do it. Even the venerable RTFM isn't helping...I suppose I could go dig around the scripts, but I'm hoping there's a simple answer.
Anyone?
Similar Threads
-
By samhainbaphomet in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:04 AM
-
By hogwash in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 04:14 AM
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 09:07 PM
-
By poundsmack in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 10:02 AM
-
By Joutei in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Commodore PLA Replacement MOS 906114-01 / PLS100 for C64, SX 64 High Quality USA
$12.99

Commodore 64c Computer System
$550.00