-
3.6: Installer hangs/can't find files/errors reading CD
I've downloaded and burned the ISO (8/16/04) several times from several sources. I've checked the MD5 and everything was fine. I've burned it with my burner which works fine.
After I boot to the CD, and run the Knoppix Installer, it copies files very slowly. Once it reaches about 87%, it just stops doing anything altogether. Is there a problem with this release or is there something I can do?
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Never encountered someone with this kind of problem in this forum. Is'nt it a hardware issue?
-
I don't think its hardware... Everything else works fine with this drive.
Is there anyway to make run the knoppix-installer using a different CD drive as the source for the files? I could burn a 2nd copy of the CD and install it from my firewire CD-RW drive. I'm using a laptop so I can't just install a different drive, without it costing me $$$.
Similar Threads
-
By BamBamKnoppix in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 07:12 AM
-
By maxpower in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-13-2005, 11:44 PM
-
By galandy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 12:41 AM
-
By apoth in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 01:06 AM
-
By tinmith in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

32GB KIT - 2x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

LOTS of 2 Samsung 8GB (8x2 16GB) DDR5 RAM Memory M435R1GB4PB1-CCPSG PC5-6400B
$150.99

SK Hynix 256GB (4x64GB) DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 ECC RDIMM 288-Pin Workstation RAM
$1950.00