Quote Originally Posted by mzilikazi
Quote Originally Posted by RisenDeMoN

I've heard that XP doesn't dual boot with linux .
Must've been a windows user that told you that (or maybe even Bill himself). It's just not true! Linux dual boots with pretty much anything. Have a look around the forums, there are many howtos for dual booting w/ xp.
I suspect what you heard refers to the Windows bootloader. WinXP has the native ability to dual boot, but only with its older siblings - not linux. Linux relies upon external bootloaders, which are capable of booting anything, including Windows as mzilikazi said. The key is to let XP be the first installed, then install Linux.

Still, be aware that the bootloader setup is probably the weakest link in the dual boot scheme - if something goes wrong in a dual boot situation, it will be the Windows master boot record getting hosed, and you won't be getting in to Windows. The current bunch of installers are pretty reliable, but having been through this before, I stick with a poor man's installation myself

jd