-
Setting up Static Environs
Here is what I am trying to do in order to set up a Developement/QA environment:
1) I currently have a single cable connection (which works wonderfully with Linux)
2) I am planning to connectr it to a router (most likely a 4 port but the number doesn't really matter a whole heck of alot)
3) To the router I will be connecting 3 systems
a) A client machine
b) A development server
c) A Quality Assurance server
4) The client machine will be used to test the applications built on the development and QA servers.
5) In order to test the applications on the server realistically I would like to be able to go out to the net and access the servers as if I were coming in from off site (I hope I am putting this into words correctly)
Problem: The router Dynamically assigns IP addresses to the Development and QA servers. Is there a way to force these to have a static IP address (a registered IP) all the time so that I can go to my browser and access each server from it's respective static IP (developent and QA servers both have different yet static IP addresses)?
All three systems are running Debian (HDD install of knoppix).
Thanks for any help!!
T
Similar Threads
-
By devilotx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 06:25 PM
-
By hoy_128 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:08 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 12:18 AM
-
By beecee in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD
$64.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00