-
Can´t boot KNOPPIX!
"welcome to the knoppix live-Linux-on-CD" is the only thing I see.
After that nothing more happend. Is there an error on my CD or is there a command which I have to enter?
Please can anyone help me?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I will attempt to give advice. Each time that I have had this occur, I have had to look to the Hard Drive or the RAM. I still use the hard drive but I know that there is a possibility that I will have problems. First wipe the hard drive, WIPE not format. Use ERASE as it is a free program and will work very well. Do not attempt to partition for Windoze or other Linux. Only one OS this should clear one problem. If you have it available use Knoppix 3.3 and later you can install over it with 3.4 or 3.6. During install do not attempt to use cheats or modify anything. If everything works correctly then you can reinstall over it with the version of your choice. NOTE: connect all hardware that you will be using as the system will attempt to configure your system for them. If all does not go well, reinstall. should all go well, immediately check for printer , USB Flash drive, modem, and any other hardware will expect to have available. When asked which install you would like, choose beginner , then on a later install choose whichever you like. Don't let the install upset you as I do quite often and it only takes about 45 min total. Easy, really easy. Go for it. Good Luck.
William
-
Senior Member
registered user
The first thing you can do is to check the cd image. Type 'knoppix testcd' in the bootscreen and press enter. If the cd image is ok try cheatcodes(bootoptions). Press F2 and F3 to view. Cheatcodes you might try: 'knoppix nodma', 'knoppix noapic' or even 'knoppix failsave'.
http://www.eleli.de/knoppix/docs/tut...t_details.html
Similar Threads
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99