Hi all,
I've recently installed Knoppix on my hd because I liked the livecd. I would like to use fluxbox instead of kde as my window manager. What do I need to change to have fluxbox start after rebooting..
thanks
ben
Hi all,
I've recently installed Knoppix on my hd because I liked the livecd. I would like to use fluxbox instead of kde as my window manager. What do I need to change to have fluxbox start after rebooting..
thanks
ben
apt-get update && apt-cache search fluxbox
fbdesk - desktop icons for fluxbox window manager
fbpager - a pager application for the Fluxbox window manager
fluxbox - Highly configurable and low resource X11 Window manager
fluxconf - FluxBox configuration utility
apt-get install fluxbox fluxconf fbpager fbdesk
Note that only fluxbox is required. Installing fluxbox *should* create an entry in /usr/share/xsessions for fluxbox. Simply choose it from the Session Type menu in your log in manager (presumably KDM). Save it as default.
If you are booting the compressed image from hdd then simply use a cheatcode.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00