Hi all,
I've recently installed Knoppix on my hd because I liked the livecd. I would like to use fluxbox instead of kde as my window manager. What do I need to change to have fluxbox start after rebooting..
thanks
ben
Hi all,
I've recently installed Knoppix on my hd because I liked the livecd. I would like to use fluxbox instead of kde as my window manager. What do I need to change to have fluxbox start after rebooting..
thanks
ben
apt-get update && apt-cache search fluxbox
fbdesk - desktop icons for fluxbox window manager
fbpager - a pager application for the Fluxbox window manager
fluxbox - Highly configurable and low resource X11 Window manager
fluxconf - FluxBox configuration utility
apt-get install fluxbox fluxconf fbpager fbdesk
Note that only fluxbox is required. Installing fluxbox *should* create an entry in /usr/share/xsessions for fluxbox. Simply choose it from the Session Type menu in your log in manager (presumably KDM). Save it as default.
If you are booting the compressed image from hdd then simply use a cheatcode.

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98
Samsung Portable SSD T9 1TB USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Black Encrypted Drop Resistant
$185.00