Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Laoding modules ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Laoding modules ...

    Hi

    I work actually on a free implementation of Debian live Cd.
    A new partition has been intialized and mounted. I have installed a debian Sid (kernel 2.6.6) without Windows manager.
    I compressed the image with the system squashfs instead of cloop for a question of portability on recent kernels and I have spoofed the knoppix scripts to initialize the load of modules and hardware autodetection and to decompress the ramdisk image. A large part of knoppix scripts is used.

    It is ok with kernel 2.6.6. I expect to clarify that's not a remasterisation of knoppix. The procedure in the detail is different.

    Now, I attempts with kernel 2.6.8.1 and I get the error message when loading scsi modules from linuxrc file.

    Ex: uhci-hcd: version magic ' 2.6.8.1 SMP preempt 386 gcc-2.95 ' should be ' 2.6.6 SMP preempt 386 gcc-2.95 '

    So, the Live cd cannot start and "KNOPPIX" image cannot mounted.

    The system/boot partition with kernel 2.6.8.1 installed runs correctly.

    It looks like there is a line of code which prints 2.6.6 automatically.

    I thought about of 'uname' or 'insmod' (this one is compiled as static binary by knopper) spoofed.

    I have no issue for the moment.

    Any suggestions? How can I fix it ?

    Thx

    (sorry for my english, I'm french)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    It sound like you need to rebuild your miniroot . . .

    . . . with the modules built for your new kernel

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    The problem seems to come from insmod (rmmod, modprobe ..) compiled static (ash-knoppix --> modutils) into kernel 2.6.6.

Similar Threads

  1. file /etc/modules-2.6.9
    By rogle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 04:30 PM
  2. Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
    By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
  3. modules in /etc/modules not loading
    By gus in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
  4. Too Many Modules loaded
    By haidara in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 07:05 AM
  5. Modules.conf more recent the modules.dep
    By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586 picture

Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586

$149.99



12 Gen Intel i7-12700 4.45GHz 12-core CPU picture

12 Gen Intel i7-12700 4.45GHz 12-core CPU

$205.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Dell Optiplex 3080 SFF Desktop PC Intel i7-10700 16GB DDR4 512GB SSD Win11 Pro, picture

Dell Optiplex 3080 SFF Desktop PC Intel i7-10700 16GB DDR4 512GB SSD Win11 Pro,

$325.00



(Lot of 2) Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz CPU Processor SR0PK LGA1155- CPU599A picture

(Lot of 2) Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz CPU Processor SR0PK LGA1155- CPU599A

$60.00