-
Adjusting time/date
Greetings to all,
Just installed Knoppix (as Debian) on my HDD. The problem is; my date and time are not correct. But, when I try to adjust them, I cannot due to needing to log is as root. During installation the only options given were user and admin. How do I enter root password?
Thank you in advance,
Nathan Larson
-
Senior Member
registered user
The password you set for the system administrator is the root password.
From Wikipedia: "In Unix style computer operating systems, root is the name of the user who has all rights on permissions in all modes (single or multi user). root is also called the superuser. Normally this is the administrator's account."
Did that help?
-
eco2geek,
Thank you for your reply. I will have try that again (I am sure I did already). As far as date/time settings; was able to adjust in BIOS.
Another problem; during boot TrendChipAway reports boot sector virus and operating system not supported. Should I update BIOS? Currently using AMIBIOS. Just wondering if there are OS specific versions of BIOS?
Still learning,
Nathan Larson
Similar Threads
-
By euthebiu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:01 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By redcartlinux9 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By fdupoux in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
-
By unamiccia in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

COMMODORE 1541-II FLOPPY DRIVE FOR C64 64C 128 TESTED AND WORKING LX56 💾
$159.99

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy
$499.99

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore 1084S-D 14" CRT Monitor For Amiga / C128/64, 1084 Docs, Works
$355.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

AMIGA RAM REPLACEMENT 514256AP70 20 PIN DIP FOR AMIGA COMMODORE TESTD/WORKING 🎟
$4.99