-
Adjusting time/date
Greetings to all,
Just installed Knoppix (as Debian) on my HDD. The problem is; my date and time are not correct. But, when I try to adjust them, I cannot due to needing to log is as root. During installation the only options given were user and admin. How do I enter root password?
Thank you in advance,
Nathan Larson
-
Senior Member
registered user
The password you set for the system administrator is the root password.
From Wikipedia: "In Unix style computer operating systems, root is the name of the user who has all rights on permissions in all modes (single or multi user). root is also called the superuser. Normally this is the administrator's account."
Did that help?
-
eco2geek,
Thank you for your reply. I will have try that again (I am sure I did already). As far as date/time settings; was able to adjust in BIOS.
Another problem; during boot TrendChipAway reports boot sector virus and operating system not supported. Should I update BIOS? Currently using AMIBIOS. Just wondering if there are OS specific versions of BIOS?
Still learning,
Nathan Larson
Similar Threads
-
By euthebiu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:01 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By redcartlinux9 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By fdupoux in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
-
By unamiccia in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00

HighPoint RocketStor 6114V 4-Bay USB-C SATA RAID STORAGE ENCLOSURE
$140.00