-
Adjusting time/date
Greetings to all,
Just installed Knoppix (as Debian) on my HDD. The problem is; my date and time are not correct. But, when I try to adjust them, I cannot due to needing to log is as root. During installation the only options given were user and admin. How do I enter root password?
Thank you in advance,
Nathan Larson
-
Senior Member
registered user
The password you set for the system administrator is the root password.
From Wikipedia: "In Unix style computer operating systems, root is the name of the user who has all rights on permissions in all modes (single or multi user). root is also called the superuser. Normally this is the administrator's account."
Did that help?
-
eco2geek,
Thank you for your reply. I will have try that again (I am sure I did already). As far as date/time settings; was able to adjust in BIOS.
Another problem; during boot TrendChipAway reports boot sector virus and operating system not supported. Should I update BIOS? Currently using AMIBIOS. Just wondering if there are OS specific versions of BIOS?
Still learning,
Nathan Larson
Similar Threads
-
By euthebiu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:01 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By redcartlinux9 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By fdupoux in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
-
By unamiccia in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2
$76.20

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed
$129.99

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh replaces 670-0269 Quadra 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2
$76.20

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99