Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Printing problem; please help!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4

    Printing problem; please help!

    Hey everbody.

    I installed knoppix a few days ago. When it was running off the CD, my HP PSC 1210 worked fine. However now it's hdinstalled, I can't get it to print.

    If I run kconfig and the add printer wizard, when I select the driver, it gives me the message:

    Unable to load the requested driver:
    Unable to create the Foomatic driver [HP-PSC_1210,hpijs]. Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the required permissions to perform that operation.


    I downloaded and installed the hpijs drivers, now I have the option of "HP PSC1210 hpijs" in the driver box, so I select it and get no errors, however when I click Print a test page, it says it's printed, but the printer doesn't do anything.

    I've downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of cups, but it still won't print. I ran usbview, and it shows the printer is hooked up properly.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    A couple of suggestions:

    Make sure cupsd is running. Open a terminal and type: ps -A , if it doesn't show up start it by typing: cupsd.

    The PSC 210 sometimes needs to be unplugged, both usb and power to reset itself, I don't know why but I had the same problem. It might be a good idea to completely reboot the system. You should see references to the HP drivers as the booting progresses, or check dmesg output. And try deleting and reinstalling the printer - again - I had to do this but it has worked since.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4

    Fixed

    Hey,

    Fixed it. After try just about everything I found the error log file and found this entry in it:

    Can't locate sigtrap.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/per$
    /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1 /usr/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .)
    at /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip line 3299.


    I googled sigtrap.pm and saved it to my /usr/lib/perl5 directory. It now prints perfectly.

    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Printing problem
    By supernix in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 10:56 PM
  2. Knoppix printing problem
    By rhirwin in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 10:42 PM
  3. Printing
    By swazi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 05:46 PM
  4. printing problem
    By pummer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 08:20 PM
  5. printing
    By crackdaddysnap in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 04:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC picture

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC

$115.00