Run this command in root konsole:
update-rc.d ppp defaults
Hi, I have knoppix3.6 installed on my hdd works great, but only problem is with my PPPoE-connection. I have to run DSL/PPPoE configuration tool every time I boot up knoppix, otherwise I cannot connect to internet( using 'pon dsl-provider' command). 'Plog' gives this error message, if I don't run DSL/PPPoE config tool:
Sep 3 17:18:44 box pppd[1011]: Failed to create PPPoE socket: Address family not supported by protocol
Any ideas what's wrong?
Run this command in root konsole:
update-rc.d ppp defaults
Hmm... didn't work...
update-rc.d ppp defaults
System startup links for /etc/init.d/ppp already exist.
Use kdsl as an alternative:
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=10202
Now that works, thanks a lot shah!

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
10G PCIe Ethernet Adapter AQC113 10GBase-T RJ45 NIC for Windows Linux NAS Server
$57.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS
$1499.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping
$22.99