Run this command in root konsole:
update-rc.d ppp defaults
Hi, I have knoppix3.6 installed on my hdd works great, but only problem is with my PPPoE-connection. I have to run DSL/PPPoE configuration tool every time I boot up knoppix, otherwise I cannot connect to internet( using 'pon dsl-provider' command). 'Plog' gives this error message, if I don't run DSL/PPPoE config tool:
Sep 3 17:18:44 box pppd[1011]: Failed to create PPPoE socket: Address family not supported by protocol
Any ideas what's wrong?
Run this command in root konsole:
update-rc.d ppp defaults
Hmm... didn't work...
update-rc.d ppp defaults
System startup links for /etc/init.d/ppp already exist.
Use kdsl as an alternative:
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=10202
Now that works, thanks a lot shah!

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99