Run this command in root konsole:
update-rc.d ppp defaults
Hi, I have knoppix3.6 installed on my hdd works great, but only problem is with my PPPoE-connection. I have to run DSL/PPPoE configuration tool every time I boot up knoppix, otherwise I cannot connect to internet( using 'pon dsl-provider' command). 'Plog' gives this error message, if I don't run DSL/PPPoE config tool:
Sep 3 17:18:44 box pppd[1011]: Failed to create PPPoE socket: Address family not supported by protocol
Any ideas what's wrong?
Run this command in root konsole:
update-rc.d ppp defaults
Hmm... didn't work...
update-rc.d ppp defaults
System startup links for /etc/init.d/ppp already exist.
Use kdsl as an alternative:
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=10202
Now that works, thanks a lot shah!

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor
$225.00
NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00