-
Boot Problems
I accidently downloaded the German version. When i tried to boot it said 'looking for CDROM in /dev/scd0 ... can't find KNOPPIX filsystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell'. But, when i type in 'knoppix noagp noapm nodma nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi nousb' at boot, it works fine. This version is V3.4
I downloaded the English version, and the same thing happens (can't find Knoppix filesystem). However, if I type in 'noagp....' I get a lot of cloop errors. I hear these mean that the CD hardware is bad, but i was just using it... so what's the deal? This verison is V3.6
Thank you!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Boot Problems

Originally Posted by
fishjg
I accidently downloaded the German version. When i tried to boot it said 'looking for CDROM in /dev/scd0 ... can't find KNOPPIX filsystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell'. But, when i type in 'knoppix noagp noapm nodma nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi nousb' at boot, it works fine. This version is V3.4
I downloaded the English version, and the same thing happens (can't find Knoppix filesystem). However, if I type in 'noagp....' I get a lot of cloop errors. I hear these mean that the CD hardware is bad, but i was just using it... so what's the deal? This verison is V3.6
Thank you!
Did you md5sum the file when you got to make sure its not corrupted? Also if it isn't corrupted it could just be a bad burn.
-
do I just type md5sum at the boot command?
-
Senior Member
registered user
First you want to md5sum the iso file.
http://md5summer.org/
if thats good, type knoppix testcd at boot prompt.
If you get any errors then chances are things won't work.
Similar Threads
-
By klik in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-05-2003, 08:15 AM
-
By Jobbe in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 01:27 AM
-
By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By toeknee in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:03 PM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Axiom 10Gbs Dual Port RJ45 PCIe x8 NIC Card for IBM - 0C19497
$254.99

AddOn IBM 42C1800 Comparable 10Gbs Dual Open SFP+ Port Network Interface Card
$383.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99