-
Senior Member
registered user
digital revolution on its way to me
well, that is what the email said. I finally had to go and order cable. And why is that? Because this morning I wokeup, bootedup and attempted to dialup
No diallyuppy. Something I did last night changed permissions on the dang ttyS0 and friends again. Like it was when I did this install and went crazy for days trying to get user the modem. The file modify date was last night. But all I did last night was uninstall and reinstall wine (which didn't work, wine still crashes out). I don't know what changed ttyS*. But apparently modems are such a humongous security risk that meer mortals aren't allowed access to them. Not through ttyS* anyhow. Even though root was also forbidden it somehow worked for root (must be a secret how root does that). So, I ordered cable. At least I will be able to google for answers to the crappola faster.
Similar Threads
-
By ikaruga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-14-2005, 07:04 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-23-2005, 03:23 PM
-
By tweety77 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:59 PM
-
By icbiny in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 09:36 PM
-
By wikes82 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

HP ProLiant 460 Series G7 Blade 2x Xeon E5649 2.53Ghz w/ 16Gb DR3, No HD, QTY
$74.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5ââ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99