-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Where do I locate new programs

Originally Posted by
teddyballgame20
Let me start by saying that I'm very new at this...This is my first shot at linux so I guess you could say I'm a noob...I just did a HD install of Knoppix and it is the only operating system on the dirve...I just downloaded Firefox and installed it and my question is after I install it how do I find it to use it again...I know in Windows I there would be an icon on the desktop but is there an equivalent to this for linux...I'd appreciate anyones help on this one and if there's a FAQ could someone point me to it
If you downloaded the tarball then presumably you stored it in your /home/username directory. SO...you probably have a firefox-installer directory and inside there is the executable called 'firefox'.
If you issue:
/home/username/firefox-installer/firefox
that should launch firefox. You should be able to drag and drop a shortcut onto the desktop if you open that directory w/ Konqueror.
Similar Threads
-
By babelbrennt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2005, 09:38 AM
-
By muddled_rosella in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 06:05 AM
-
By Max_Var in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By bluejay in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 11:02 PM
-
By hammy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord
$400.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800R ECC Reg RDIMM M393B1G73QH0-YK0
$15.00