If the laptop has the abiltiy to boot up over the network (PXE) then you could do that, check the documents of other threads to see how as I don't know.
I have a small home network. I have a lan server on which I have done a 'http' install of Redhat 9.0 to a Dell Latitude CS Laptop. The Laptop 'does Not' have a 'Cdrom Drive'.
Goal: to get Knoppix installed on my Laptop[ 'no' cdrom drive]
My question is... is it possible to [ and 'how to do it']
a. install Knoppix to the Laptop from the Server's cd
or
b. boot Knoppix 'on the Laptop' from the Server's cd
or
c. copy everything from the Knoppix cd to the laptop and boot it from a partition on the Laptop.
Thanks in advance for your assistance
Johnny
If the laptop has the abiltiy to boot up over the network (PXE) then you could do that, check the documents of other threads to see how as I don't know.
Another alternative is to get an adapter to connect your laptop's hard drive to a full-size IDE connector. Then, you can stick the laptop's drive in a computer that does have a CD-ROM drive, install Knoppix, and transfer the drive back to the laptop. Unlike Windows, Knoppix seems to be quite portable between computers despite major hardware differences.
And later, I would also recommend perhaps getting an external CD-ROM drive for your laptop. Parallel Port CD-ROM drives seem to be fairly well supported.
Here's a couple of links to check out.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqPXE
http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyins[/url]

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Qty.8 Samsung 16GB 2RX4 Pc4 2133P M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q Ram Memory
$599.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00