Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Can't Get Internet Working

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5

    Can't Get Internet Working

    How do I configure my BEFW11S4 router + Cable connection with Knoppix? I can't get my internet working.

    Oh and I have almost no previous experience with Knoppix/Linux.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    What kind of network card are you using? This should be all you need to configure. The router will handle your cable connection and should already be configured. If you are using a wireless card, go to the knoppix menu, network/internet, wlan configuration. If you are using a wired card, look for network card configuration. You will most likely need to use DHCP.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5
    I'm using a wired network card. I'll try what you said and tell you if it works.

    And I also need to know how to delete files using Knoppix. Whenever I try, I get an error message.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5
    OK, when I clicked Network Card configuration, I got this error message:

    "No supported cards found" or something.

    Oh and I'm using 3.6, even though 3.4 doesn't work either.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5
    I've also tried typing 'insmod 3c2000'. My network card make and model is:

    3Com 3c940
    ---------------

    I downloaded the Linux soure code from ASUS' website and put it on a floppy. Than I realized I had it on a CD. I popped in the CD-- but when it came to the part where I had to copy the .tar.gz to my HDD, it didn't work. It won't let me write.

    I've even tried typing 'mount -o rw /dev/hde1' into Konsole, after typing 'su -'.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    You might want to install a different NIC. I looked around on the debian site and it was not very promising.
    http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/nic.html

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5
    Can't anyone help me

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Run lspci and you will get something like this:
    00:09.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation: Unknown device 1700 (rev 12)

    Then

    Try this:
    modprobe or insmod sk98lin
    **This is the only driver that might work with asus

    You can copy your driver(tar.gz) from cd to your home directory.

Similar Threads

  1. internet not working in 3.8.1
    By spoop in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 05:44 PM
  2. Internet not working.
    By seantycho in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 09:02 PM
  3. Internet not working with cable modem
    By kibkid in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 03:36 AM
  5. Internet connection stopped working
    By jimk in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K  Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse  picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse

$1799.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$59.99



Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 picture

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110

$129.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00



Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs picture

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs

$14.99