Does anyone know where is "http_proxy" environment variable stored?
Also if I do "export http_proxy=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx" does Knoppix write to the same location?
TIA
Does anyone know where is "http_proxy" environment variable stored?
Also if I do "export http_proxy=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx" does Knoppix write to the same location?
TIA
/etc/profile is where you would usually put such things. Dunno about booting the live cd tho...Originally Posted by activeco
Thanks mzilikazi.
I have looked at the file before but am a bit confused.
When I type "env" in bash I got a list of all variables, however in /etc/profile I could notice only PATH and some others but not all of them.
Some other non-standard temporary variables such as "http_proxy" must be written somewhere too.
They are not in /etc/profile.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
HP ENVY 16 / 16" 120 hz / i9-13900H / 1TB Storage / RTX 4060
$920.00
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00