Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mounting a Loopback image

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6

    Mounting a Loopback image

    At an earlier time, I installed Linux Mandrake 8.2 on a Loopback filesystem. When I got rid of It I kept the loopback file that contained all my documents and music etc. I was wondering how I would mount this in Knoppix, any help would be great.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Mounting a Loopback image

    --Please describe your setup in further detail; I have never heard of installing Linux over a Loopback. Do you just need help on how to mount a file as a filesystem over loop?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattsbr
    At an earlier time, I installed Linux Mandrake 8.2 on a Loopback filesystem. When I got rid of It I kept the loopback file that contained all my documents and music etc. I was wondering how I would mount this in Knoppix, any help would be great.

Similar Threads

  1. Portable Loopback-Encrypted-Filesystem
    By pau1knopp in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 04:02 PM
  2. Shutdown with image file and subsequent mounting fails
    By Waszszaf in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 05:29 AM
  3. mounting hd and running image from hd
    By Roberts in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 07:09 AM
  4. Problems with mounting an image with cloop 1.02
    By wschalk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 05:31 PM
  5. crypto loopback & recompiling kernels
    By davidHarris in forum General Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 05:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



TP-Link T2600G-52TS V1.0 (TL-SG3452), 48 Port Gigabit Managed Switch - NOT OMADA picture

TP-Link T2600G-52TS V1.0 (TL-SG3452), 48 Port Gigabit Managed Switch - NOT OMADA

$69.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99