-
ViewSonic monitor not detected?
I am not having success booting from Knoppix on my Compaq Presario, with a Viewsonic G773 monitor.
I insert the CD-ROM and boot, and the drive spins for a while, sounds like it's doing work. But nothing ever appears on my monitor screen. I have a feeling the computer is booted, but the monitor simply isn't displaying anything, since when I hit space the CD-ROM spins some more.
I am having the same problem with every other Linux distro I've tried, including Red Hat, Mandrake, and Suse. This is puzzling to me since I already have Mandrake installed on the machine, and it works fine when I boot from the hard drive. (I'm trying to load from Knoppix b/c I did the Mandrake install over a year ago and forgot the root password).
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By ldp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 02:51 PM
-
By dusti in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 06:07 PM
-
By comanam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
-
By dfloyd4 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 12:07 PM
-
By mordor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 05:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99