--Don't do that, then.
--Seriously, if it's losing the USB keyboard I would recommend plugging in a standard Ps/2 kbd. (shrug) It's easier than trying to debug the problem.
Originally Posted by xeerex
This one particular pc is the only one I've had any "problems" concerning Knoppix.
At the boot screen my USB powered compaq keyboard is recognized fine. However, once booted into the desktop, it is not recognized. Any suggestions for a linux/knoppix newbie?
As a side note, this same keyboard is recognized fine under Windows (ack) and is recognized fine on another pc under Knoppix.
--Don't do that, then.
--Seriously, if it's losing the USB keyboard I would recommend plugging in a standard Ps/2 kbd. (shrug) It's easier than trying to debug the problem.
Originally Posted by xeerex
heheh---i had already used a PS2 keyboard![]()
Its just odd that it loses the USB one when going to the gui but doesn't lose it on a different PC running the exact same keyboard and CD. No biggie----just one of those little aggravations like those I'm used to from a certain big $$ company that purports to make an OS.![]()
--Hmm... Did you have the USB plugged in the entire time? Sounds like it could be fixed by editing XFree86config-4 file.
Originally Posted by xeerex
Yep---the keyboard was plugged in the entire time. I double-checked the connection and rebooted just to make sure. Again, it works fine at the boot prompt so its kinda puzzling.
Anyone have any further ideas on this? It does the same darn thing with the newest download of Knoppix.
And please don't give me the "use a ps/2 keyboard" or I shall think you are related to Mr. Gates.![]()
Have you tried forcing the usb? There should be an option for this in the knoppix boot-help (F2). This worked for me when I was having problems with an usb mouse.Originally Posted by xeerex

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$600.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99
5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001
$79.98
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99