You might try using ide2=0x180,0x386 as the first boot parameter. This worked for my Sony VAIO laptop.
I found this here: http://www.mobilix.org/Mobile-Guide....ia-device.html
I have a PCMCIA CD/RW drive on one of these lightweight laptops. There is no floppy drive.
It boots the kernel just fine, but it cannot mount the CDROM. I think I need the ide_cs kernel module, but it does not seem to exist anywhere I can get at it. And since there is no floppy drive, I cannot load it that way.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to boot where it can mount the PCMCIA CD/RW drive?
Thanks!
You might try using ide2=0x180,0x386 as the first boot parameter. This worked for my Sony VAIO laptop.
I found this here: http://www.mobilix.org/Mobile-Guide....ia-device.html
Thanks so much for the suggestion. It still doesn't work, though, unfortunately.
Oddly enough, Mandrake 9 will find the CDROM after loading the ide-cs module (and supporting modules). I rebuilt the initrd filesystem and added those modules (pcmcia_core, yenta_socket, ds, ide-cs), but it still doesn't work. I suppose I could spend a lot of time figuring out how Mandrake is booting, and then re-build the Knoppix kernel and boot method, but it's a bit beyond me and I am out of time and am giving up on this for now.
Hi,
I had the same problem booting from a PCMCIA cdrom.
So I modified the Knoppix bootdisk.
It works for me so it might also work for you.
Give it a try.
The floppy images can be downloaded from:
http://www.luell.com/download/knoppi...ootdisk.img.gz
http://www.luell.com/download/knoppi...modules.img.gz
Hope that helps.
Bye
Jochen

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99