-
curious thing about image size
I've been having trouble with remastering. So I tried something very basic. I followed the remastering HOWTO. However, I did not remove nor add any packages, files, programs, etc. So I was basically trying to "remaster" the original Knoppix image. However, the resulting ISO image from this process is too big to burn to a CD (I even used the -b option when creating the compressed filesystem).
I had to remove the OpenOffice packge to even be able to get a small enough image. It's a good thing that I don't require that package. But if I did, it would make it very difficult to come up with a remastered disk, since OpenOffice is so big, that's a lot of other packages that would have to be removed to equal the package size of OpenOffice.
Does anyone know what other steps are used to create the original Knoppix CD (or is it an ancient Chinese secret)?
Similar Threads
-
By gildedlink in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
-
By thedudeatx in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 04:53 AM
-
By warawara in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 05:45 PM
-
By in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 01:25 AM
-
By image in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99