-
FYI: dselect update breaks KNOPPIX 3.6!
Okay, this may be common sense knowledge but it was news to me. A couple of the remaster How-To's say once you are setup to add and remove packages you should [of course] run update to get the latest package versions. So I was doing that consistently and always generating a broken KNOPPIX remaster. Most of the time I would get a kernel panic. On those rare occasions it would go to KDE I got 'not enough memory; running something else instead'.
During dselect, two problems I had difficulty with were one, Frozen-bubble-data wouldn't remove, update or install. Always some problem. The second was dependency problems between mount-aes, mount, sysvinit, etc.. I don't know if that was enough to break KNOPPIX or if it was some other package being updated.
This morning with a fresh copy of KNOPPIX in my remaster directory I marked all packages HOLD before doing enything else. Then I ran update. Then I selected aptitude and deborphan to be installed. The gen'ed remaster continues to boot well.
I still have problems removing frozen-bubble when trying to remove all games. So far I have the iso size down to 528mb and it still boots. Even though I still have a long way to go this is the most progress I've made in weeks. I guess I should celebrate or something. Anybody have advice if celebrating too soon will jink up my project? I think I'll just let it sit for a while and get used to what it feels like to be working. Agh, that means now I have to wash dishes.
Similar Threads
-
By Indig0 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 03:50 PM
-
By sgtdawg in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 09:31 PM
-
By natrius in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By DBaston in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 11:59 AM
-
By davidHarris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 05-01-2003, 04:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89