I' ve tried to add some swap :
SwapTotal: 1812176 kB
SwapFree: 1723604 kB
I get the same problem.
Hello,
I get problem with extract_compressed_fs while trying to uncompress a Knoppix.
My kernel : 2.4.26
Cloop : 1.02
My machine : Athlon 3200XP / 1 Gb Ram / 1 Gb swap
I'm unable to load cloop module :
modprobe cloop file=/mnt/iso/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX && mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/cloop /tmp/tmp.iso
/lib/modules/misc/cloop.o: init_module: Cannot allocate memory
/lib/modules/misc/cloop.o: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/misc/cloop.o: insmod /lib/modules/misc/cloop.o failed
/lib/modules/misc/cloop.o: insmod cloop failed
when I look at dmesg, I get :
cloop: Initializing cloop v1.02
cloop: /mnt/iso/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX: 30369 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 0 bytes.
cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 0
Is it a problem of lack of memory or something else ?
Thank you,
I' ve tried to add some swap :
SwapTotal: 1812176 kB
SwapFree: 1723604 kB
I get the same problem.
use cloop 2.x

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99