Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Laoding modules ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Laoding modules ...

    Hi

    I work actually on a free implementation of Debian live Cd.
    A new partition has been intialized and mounted. I have installed a debian Sid (kernel 2.6.6) without Windows manager.
    I compressed the image with the system squashfs instead of cloop for a question of portability on recent kernels and I have spoofed the knoppix scripts to initialize the load of modules and hardware autodetection and to decompress the ramdisk image. A large part of knoppix scripts is used.

    It is ok with kernel 2.6.6. I expect to clarify that's not a remasterisation of knoppix. The procedure in the detail is different.

    Now, I attempts with kernel 2.6.8.1 and I get the error message when loading scsi modules from linuxrc file.

    Ex: uhci-hcd: version magic ' 2.6.8.1 SMP preempt 386 gcc-2.95 ' should be ' 2.6.6 SMP preempt 386 gcc-2.95 '

    So, the Live cd cannot start and "KNOPPIX" image cannot mounted.

    The system/boot partition with kernel 2.6.8.1 installed runs correctly.

    It looks like there is a line of code which prints 2.6.6 automatically.

    I thought about of 'uname' or 'insmod' (this one is compiled as static binary by knopper) spoofed.

    I have no issue for the moment.

    Any suggestions? How can I fix it ?

    Thx

    (sorry for my english, I'm french)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    It sound like you need to rebuild your miniroot . . .

    . . . with the modules built for your new kernel

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    The problem seems to come from insmod (rmmod, modprobe ..) compiled static (ash-knoppix --> modutils) into kernel 2.6.6.

Similar Threads

  1. file /etc/modules-2.6.9
    By rogle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 04:30 PM
  2. Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
    By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
  3. modules in /etc/modules not loading
    By gus in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
  4. Too Many Modules loaded
    By haidara in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 07:05 AM
  5. Modules.conf more recent the modules.dep
    By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



Dell 32GB DDR5 5600 CAMM KYHG6V Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780 16Gx8 Memory picture

Dell 32GB DDR5 5600 CAMM KYHG6V Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780 16Gx8 Memory

$669.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY picture

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY

$600.00



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$9599.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99