Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Changing the printer's generic font...?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Changing the printer's generic font...?

    I've just come off of a RedHat 9 installation. Under RedHat, I did my CSCI homework and printed the code out of KWrite. The font printed fine, Courrier New, 12pt spacing, very readable.

    While trying to do my first classwork of the year on my new Knoppix-HD installation, I've found that the generic font printed font out of KWrite is larger and unreadable (letters are too close together to read comfortably). A similar problem occurs when I try to print the same code out of Kate and (to a lesser extent) when I printed out of Netbeans 3.6. I'm pretty sure that this problem is related to the on-board printer fonts, but since it's changed from my last Linux installation, I'm going to guess that It's partly the driver's fault as well.

    My question: Is there a way for me to change the generic font settings in KDE so that it will print in a more readable font type.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    Erm.... I should be embarrassed here... I think I just fixed my own problem. Oh well...

Similar Threads

  1. changing default font into knoppix
    By mohit.jain.india in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 02:05 PM
  2. changing default font into knoppix
    By mohit.jain.india in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 03:29 PM
  3. changing default font into Knoppix
    By mohit.jain.india in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 03:25 PM
  4. generic LDAP server
    By maxkekaxke in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 03:44 PM
  5. XFCE4 and changing GTK Font
    By Rugmonster in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$75.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99