In 3.3, I removed a line from bootmish.sh but that didn't do the trick with 3.6
Then I removed the # from dma = off in hdparm.conf but this didn't make any difference.
So my next step is to fiddle with lilo.conf I guess, or maybe create a new bootscript.
Any hints?
Thanks
update: I am growing noob again
I edit the /etc/lilo.conf file to add nodma option but now I
cannot not remember how I run lilo in the context of the hdinstalled vesion
(/mnt/hda2) HELP!
hmm. this worked:
mount /dev/hda2
chroot /mnt/hda2
lilo
it says something about a devmapper not valid, but it worked.

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
$799.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00