Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: KERNEL PANIC!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11

    KERNEL PANIC!!

    Hi. I have installed Knoppix 3.6, I it appears to me the message that the installation was completed. When I restarted the computer, and form the lilo I choose any of the three options of knoppix (it only changes the kernel), it runs until the following message appears
    #Lots of other things
    VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesysten on dev 03:03
    UMOUNT: devfs: not mounted
    Pivot_root: not such file or directory
    /sbin_init: 426: cannot open directory dev/console: No such file.
    Kernel PANIC. attemetd to kill init!.
    #End of erros

    After that the computer hangs up, and the CaspLock and ScrollLock ligths start to turn on and off (constantly).
    I have installed three times (choosing the differents options). I have tried the three diferents options that the lilo give me. But the same thing happens always (even if i tried to load it from a floppy disk).

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Man....you need to reinstall.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11
    I hace already reinstalled 3 times.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    I think there is something wrong with your /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab. If you could just post those two here, I might be able to help you.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11
    I am sure that there is a problem with the partitions on my disk. There are four partitions:
    hda1) Vfat
    hda5) Vfat extended
    hda3) Ext2 or ext3 (i can not remebre which one)
    hda4) Swap

    But the knoppix does not detect me the vfat extended. I can mount the others partitions without any problem. The gtparted detects the hda5 partitions, but /proc/partitions don't. I don't know how, once (and only once) I was able to mount hda5 (which usually it does not appears in fstab).

    There is a strange thing: the vfat partitions are hda1 or hda5 then, why does the knoppix (when loading the installed one), tries to open hda3 as a vfat? [first error]

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Check your /etc/mtab.

Similar Threads

  1. remaster kernel--Kernel Panic: VFS......
    By Trace Green in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 04:33 PM
  2. Kernel panic
    By Claus in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 05:51 PM
  3. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  4. kernel panic with custom kernel
    By cYmen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 10:17 AM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300 48-Port Managed L4 Ethernet Switch, 10GbE/GbE, Modular 1U picture

Juniper EX2300 48-Port Managed L4 Ethernet Switch, 10GbE/GbE, Modular 1U

$758.09



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB picture

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB

$54.99