Meaning knx-hdinstall is not there. I believed knoppix 3.4 did not come with knx-hdinstall but knoppix-installer.
Just run : knoppix-installer
![]()
Hi,
I'm trying to install Linux onto a hard disk. When i get into the root console i do/get the following:
root@ttyp3[knoppix]# knx-hdinstall
bash: knx-hdinstall: command not found
What is wrong? I am tryign to follow the installation procedure form the How To docs.
thanks!
Meaning knx-hdinstall is not there. I believed knoppix 3.4 did not come with knx-hdinstall but knoppix-installer.
Just run : knoppix-installer
![]()
Possibility 1: You have a rather old version of knoppix (say 3.2 or so). In this case, perhaps /usr/local/bin is not in root's PATH? Try "/usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall".
Possibility 2: You have a new version of knoppix, but outdated documentation. I think you need to run /usr/sbin/knx2hd instead.
HTH
I'm using Knoppix 3.4 and the knoppix-installer command worked. However, it says some conditions are not met for installation. In windows, I have reformatted one of my partitions (15.2 GB) to the FAT32 system for use with Linux. Also I have 512 MB RAM. It brings me to a GUI where I can load each of my harddrives and modify them. I try to label this partition for linux as declare it to be fat32, but when i am finished, the root console tells me that it cannot implement NTFS and that conditions for installation are still not met.
Help!
Thanks.
Okay what you need to do is:
1) run knoppix-installer
2) qtparted will open, from here you need to delete that 15Gig partition since it was formated as fat32. After deleted, you will have 15 g of free space. From there you will create two partition a) 250 mb of linux swap (will be enough since you have 512M ram). b) The rest of the free space will be your linux partition (etx2/ext3).
3) After finishing partitioning your hdd, quit from qtparted, you will start configure your installation, user name, password,...etc.
4)Start installation.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99