Short version:
To linstall 3.6 to the hard drive I had to boot the 2.6 kernel.
Also did an "modprobe dm_mod". Not sure if that was needed.
Longer version:
When I tried to install 2.4, there were missing devices.
This solves bug # 6 for Bugs/3.6-2004-08-16 (not sure how to edit/reply to those)
Still having problems with video card detection. I'm running an Intel 865g (i810), but
the device detection/XF86Config are not picking it up...left with lower-than-optimal
res. Suggestions there would be welcome.
---Eludom

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99