Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Help me, its my dream,novice from India

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3

    Help me, its my dream,novice from India

    I want to participate IBM LINUX CHALLENGE...pls help me.

    I have Knoppix 3.2 and wants to install it on my hard disk..I dunno how?

    Pls give me step by step instruction to install knoppix 3.2 in my hdd

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    15

    that's easy

    1. boot from live cd
    2. open console ( ctrl+alt+f1)
    3. become super user(root) by typing "su"
    4. type knx-hdinstall
    5. make linux partition (file system number 83)
    6. make linux partition swap (number 82)
    7. follow the steps.....it's so easy man.....................

    hope u successful with ur challenge...................

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    thx techz :P

    very active forum
    I will try and will reply soon

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    thanks

    Now help me to run cpp , step by step


    I can only run c, ussing the command "gcc"

    some error shows when I use g++

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: that's easy

    Quote Originally Posted by techz_boy
    1. boot from live cd
    2. open console ( ctrl+alt+f1)
    3. become super user(root) by typing "su"
    4. type knx-hdinstall
    5. make linux partition (file system number 83)
    6. make linux partition swap (number 82)
    7. follow the steps.....it's so easy man.....................

    hope u successful with ur challenge...................
    I believe that knx-hdinstall is no longer mantianed and should not be used anymore.

    use knoppix-installer

Similar Threads

  1. I say The Dream IS Here
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
  2. I am a complete novice - knoppix won't get past fsck
    By sammiantha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 06:53 PM
  3. Novice with Knoppix 3.6 - Crashed XP Hard Drive
    By hammonjc in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 03:59 PM
  4. knoppix novice in a jam!! Help
    By kodz in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 05:02 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 03:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



motherboard CPU combo am4 picture

motherboard CPU combo am4

$70.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel core i5-6500 CPU picture

Intel core i5-6500 CPU

$20.00