-
modem in Asus A2500H
Some dude from linmodems told me, my modem Asutek was never seen in their site before. So recommended me to run slmodem and other utilities to find out if my modem could ever work under linux.
I lost contact and now I dont know what to do...
At my office I use adsl connetion so there is no point in using the modem, but at home I have my common telephone line...I thougth of smoke signals from home....would that work??
-
Re: modem in Asus A2500H
Hi, I am still working on with this modem.
My lspci -v gave:
0000:00:02.6 Modem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] AC'97 Modem Controller (rev a0) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 1736
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 18
I/O ports at b400 [size=256]
I/O ports at b000 [size=128]
Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
I ran the latest slmodem slmodem-2.9.9 but it refuses to work..."modem busy" say on kppp "consult the modem" utility.
I googled the net but still no answer.
See you all around then...bye.

Originally Posted by
fabiand
Some dude from linmodems told me, my modem Asutek was never seen in their site before. So recommended me to run slmodem and other utilities to find out if my modem could ever work under linux.
I lost contact and now I dont know what to do...
At my office I use adsl connetion so there is no point in using the modem, but at home I have my common telephone line...I thougth of smoke signals from home....would that work??

Similar Threads
-
By mike_the_bike in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 10:25 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 09:54 AM
-
By thanhson in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2004, 08:44 PM
-
By yamamushi in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 06:05 AM
-
By gwilkinson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 10:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046
$24.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00