-
3.6: madwifi drivers not available
Maybe I'm just too dumb, but it seems I need some help:
Got a laptop (HP Pavilion zv5187ea with AMD 64) and a PCMCIA WLAN card with Atheros chipset (Proxim Orinoco Silver b/g). I just downloaded Knoppix 3.6 because I read that it should support Atheros chipset with the madwifi drivers.
Out of the box, my card is not being detected. So I thought I'd take a look what might happen if I do modprobe with the madwifi drivers. But there were not any. /lib/modules/2.x.x/madwifi was an existing directory, but it was empty.
Any ideas what could have gone wrong there? Or links to explanations how to use that WLAN card with Knoppix 3.6?
Help will be appreciated.
T.
Similar Threads
-
By pterandon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-24-2005, 12:58 PM
-
By kabsi in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 09:52 AM
-
By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 03:32 AM
-
By tankd0g in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:35 AM
-
By RookieDDZ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 02:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99