Try pump or /etc/init.d/networking restart.
Doesn't it have the netcardconfig tool?
Since Gnoppix is knoppix based I decided to look here for help.
I have Gnoppix LiveCD and it works great, as does the internet with my generic Realtek PCI ethernet card.
I liked it so much I installed it to disk but once installed to disk the internet doesn't work. I tried ifup -va but it just did this:
no output or response. Can anyone help me with this? I've never used knoppix on this computer, so I can't say if it happens with that as wel.[/code]Code:$ ifup -va $
Try pump or /etc/init.d/networking restart.
Doesn't it have the netcardconfig tool?

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00