Flipside: Geometer's Sketchpad is a MUCH better application than its linux counterparts from the last time I used KGeo. Of course, the new version bundled with 3.2 looks pretty nice, but still not on-par with the sketchpad.
--There are some out there.Most of the later ones were VESA, but beyond the 486-DX2-66(? IIRC) they started doing some 486 PCI/ISA mommybopards. I saw which way the wind was blowing when the Pentiums came out, and successfully predicted that VESA would die out and be replaced with PCI.
Originally Posted by audioaficionado
Flipside: Geometer's Sketchpad is a MUCH better application than its linux counterparts from the last time I used KGeo. Of course, the new version bundled with 3.2 looks pretty nice, but still not on-par with the sketchpad.
You are right about GSP. I have the newest version and it's great. Unfortunately this is a VERY low income school and the after-school program I teach at runs an absolute shoe-string.
If anybody else has followed this, I have found that I can get xfce to boot and Kgeo works reasonably well. It takes about 3minutes just to load the program, but it works fine once it's up. I've also found that Kstars works. It however, takes about 15minutes to load and crashes if you try to change the time or location. But that's okay. Kgeo was the important one.
Are there any other cheatcodes that would reduce the amount of ram used, or some way to uickly unload anything that isn't sytem critical?
How about setting up a classroom with the Knoppix Terminal Server?Originally Posted by rec9140
TIA,

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Enterprise Capacity 2TB 2.5in SATA Internal HDD ST2000NX0403
$60.00
Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99