-
Senior Member
registered user
knx2hd don't support ex2 ?
The new install script is Uber friendly but I can't get ext2 anymore?
Also. What is the difference betweeen Beginner and a debian like install ?
-
You may be able to use a solution that I found when
I had a related problem with installing 3.4 to hd.
(I found an incompatibility between the recent ext2
version chosen by knx hdinstall, and some other
less-recent ext2-handling software which I wanted
to use in connection with this partition.)
(1) set up your own chosen ext2 partition/fs in advance
of using the hd install script.
(2) modify the install script so that it doesn't make
a new filesystem on your chosen partition any more
and/or doesn't abort any more when you refuse to
allow it to format your chosen partition with a new
filesystem.
(3) run the modified install script.
I hope that helps.
Terry
-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok. I will try that. Not that Im an expert on shell programming but
should be possible.
Thx
-
Senior Member
registered user
Or you could simply accept the default ext3, then later switch journaling off with tunefs. I'd recommend leaving it on, btw...
-
The sensible way to do this is to save the config (of knx2hd) and edit the configuration file. The option you need is clearly marked and it will even format the partition for you.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Ahh! you can edit it! Thats sounds nice. I will try that out.
Similar Threads
-
By franz29 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:18 PM
-
By ldp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 08:21 AM
-
By dou01553 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 10:06 PM
-
By dou01553 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 02:21 AM
-
By linda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99