Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Damaged download : knoppix 3.5 dvd!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5

    Damaged download : knoppix 3.5 dvd!

    Hello

    I used Azureus bittorrent client to download knoppix 3.5 dvd iso from http://www.knoppix.net/Knoppix-3.5-D...er.iso.torrent . After burning the iso to dvd (3 times!) and trying to use the dvd, I found it would not work. So I decided to check the md5 signature of the file. I find the md5 of the downloaded iso file is incorrect! I cant download 4 GB again! My ISP charges me per MB. not to mention it will take me another 4 days to download the whole file again!

    After extracting the files from downloaded iso... is there a way to verify which files in the iso are good and which are bad and then download only those files? (if yes, where can I download only the damaged files)

    btw, did any one else face this problem. I thought a bittorrent client was designed to avoid corrupt downloads? How did I end up with a damaged file!?

    Thanks
    Fischer

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    16

    rsync

    Hi

    Find a rsync site that has the knoppix dvd iso. Then rsync -aPvvv rsync://site.com /pathtoiso.iso

    This will only download the incorrect difference.

    Swazi

Similar Threads

  1. Download KNOPPIX 2.78
    By rvs in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:39 PM
  2. Where can I download Knoppix DVD?
    By Nils_ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
  3. Damaged Network Card?
    By jsinbc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 06:12 AM
  4. KNOPPIX 3.1 where to download
    By saravanan in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 05:42 AM
  5. Where can I download Knoppix 3.2?
    By DodgeV83 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung PM9A1 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 MZ-VL21T0A 2280 OEM Tested picture

Samsung PM9A1 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 MZ-VL21T0A 2280 OEM Tested

$105.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.48



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$288.98



HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000 picture

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000

$599.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1769.85



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$465.02



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Apple Macbook Pro 16

Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good

$1099.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99