Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Damaged download : knoppix 3.5 dvd!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5

    Damaged download : knoppix 3.5 dvd!

    Hello

    I used Azureus bittorrent client to download knoppix 3.5 dvd iso from http://www.knoppix.net/Knoppix-3.5-D...er.iso.torrent . After burning the iso to dvd (3 times!) and trying to use the dvd, I found it would not work. So I decided to check the md5 signature of the file. I find the md5 of the downloaded iso file is incorrect! I cant download 4 GB again! My ISP charges me per MB. not to mention it will take me another 4 days to download the whole file again!

    After extracting the files from downloaded iso... is there a way to verify which files in the iso are good and which are bad and then download only those files? (if yes, where can I download only the damaged files)

    btw, did any one else face this problem. I thought a bittorrent client was designed to avoid corrupt downloads? How did I end up with a damaged file!?

    Thanks
    Fischer

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    16

    rsync

    Hi

    Find a rsync site that has the knoppix dvd iso. Then rsync -aPvvv rsync://site.com /pathtoiso.iso

    This will only download the incorrect difference.

    Swazi

Similar Threads

  1. Download KNOPPIX 2.78
    By rvs in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:39 PM
  2. Where can I download Knoppix DVD?
    By Nils_ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
  3. Damaged Network Card?
    By jsinbc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 06:12 AM
  4. KNOPPIX 3.1 where to download
    By saravanan in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 05:42 AM
  5. Where can I download Knoppix 3.2?
    By DodgeV83 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial picture

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial

$109.99



RARE VTG ACORN PUBLISHING LOGO & READING PROFESSOR USER GUIDE+DISKS -EPSON QX-10 picture

RARE VTG ACORN PUBLISHING LOGO & READING PROFESSOR USER GUIDE+DISKS -EPSON QX-10

$249.95



Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair picture

Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair

$2699.00



Vintage IBM Model M  Keyboard   picture

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard

$80.00



Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR picture

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR

$100.00



Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 + picture

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +

$74.95



Vintage IBM ThinkPad T41 2373-7JU Pentium M Laptop Untested Parts/Repair No AC picture

Vintage IBM ThinkPad T41 2373-7JU Pentium M Laptop Untested Parts/Repair No AC

$35.00



Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT Vintage Laptop Computer Retro Windows PC Parts Only picture

Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT Vintage Laptop Computer Retro Windows PC Parts Only

$125.00



Vintage HP Compaq nc6400 Laptop – Windows XP Pro – Works – Charger Included picture

Vintage HP Compaq nc6400 Laptop – Windows XP Pro – Works – Charger Included

$67.00